Thursday, September 4, 2008

Cruising BLISS









Okay...Amazing...the cruise was AMAZING!!! We had nothing to do but eat amazing food constantly, go to shows every night, go scuba diving, kayaking, snorkeling, zip lines, repelling in Mayan Caves, and read books while relaxing in the sun. AMAZING!!!

So that's the short of it! Turns out there was a hurricane around where we were and the port we were leaving from was closed two days prior to our cruise. But we had no problems. We did a couple of the islands out of order and only had rain one night for a few hours.
We visited Cozumel Mexico first, that's where I tried Scuba Diving for the first time. AHHHH-new favorite thing in the world. Jess and I could have done nothing but Scuba Dived the entire time and been happy. He's been certified for like 10 years so it was nothing new to him. I, on the other hand, was a little worried at the first---people are not made to breath under water and my mind knew that. After a few minutes of ignoring my instincts--I was underwater and swimming with fishes and holding rays! (also, our picture under water that the guy took, I didn't know he was taking it and Jess and I both look like Zombies--But really, we loved it!!!) We made some new friends the first couple of days and they signed up to come with us which was lots of fun.


Next we went to Roatan, Honduras. We didn't book an excursion here but were taken to a private beach. Initially we tried to snorkel. But turns out...if you buy snorkeling gear for $10...it doesn't work very well, and you drink a lot of salt water. So we gave that up and just relaxed. (Turns out Jess is more of a busy body then I'd realized....he had a hard time just sitting--reminding me oh so much of my dad--and was kinda bored---he ended up finding some shade and taking a nap. Tabyana Beach was gorgeous!!! I listened to the live music, read, and took in the sun.




In Belize we took a bus to some Mayan caves. It was a lot of fun and we were with a fun group, but it was pretty easy stuff. I think Jess and I were looking for like millions foot repels, and zip lines for miles...so the beginner stuff that they have to do because they're for everyone were kind of disappointing...but the caves were really neat and Belize is gorgeous!





Oh, wait, I forgot about the rain in Freeport Bahamas! It was awesome! Downpour!!! We didn't care much, we were going kayaking and snorkeling so we were getting wet anyway. We kayaked to a little island and half way there the sky shook so loud with thunder--we loved it!!! Not to mention we took Emily and Riley's example and skunked everyone else--we have a need for speed I guess. The snorkeling was awesome--choppy and fun--and scary when we had to navigate over tons and tons of fire coral...which made it all the more fun!



People always talk about the food on cruises...it's so incredible. One of the nights we went to one of the fancy restaurants on board. It was a seven course meal with food I've only seen on "Iron Chef". Fanciest place we've ever been--that's for SURE!

Oh oh, and I was so happy that I didn't get motion sickness!!! I got the patch before I left and was loving the water-choppy and smooth.

The shows were tons of fun. On the nights they had the "Glory Dancers" me and Jess laughed. It reminded me too much of the dancing off of Saturday's Warrior--anyone seen that? AWESOME.

Anyway--I really could go on for DAYS...we loved it....everyone should go on one....the end!!!

NOW....THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH JULIE, ANDREA, AUBREY AND GEORGE! The boys had the time of their life while we were gone!!! They had a different party every day--Ben 10 party, Transformer Party, Power Ranger Party.... You guys are amazing!!! Thanks for everything! The boys loved it! We loved playing games (Cari especially!) with you guys, puzzles, marker war, leg wars...it was awesome....THANKS SO SO MUCH!








14 comments:

Shan said...

how fun!! I'm so glad you guys got to go. Also, I was really worried that you were going to get caught in the hurricanes so glad you're home safely. We'll have to get together so you can tell me everything.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Wow, thanks for letting me go on your cruise vicariously through your blog! I love the pictures, especially the first one with the drinks on the railing. I've been on one cruise and can't wait to go on another!!! And about Saturday's Warrior, I think I have every song memorized. Ha ha ha.

BWei said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a blast--I was worried about you with the crazy weather. Loved all the great pics.

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Cari that looks like so much fun! I am glad that you and Jess enjoyed your vacation and didn't get sick or hit with the severe storms. Lucky! :)

Correa Family said...

I'm a little jealous, just a little bit. Glad you had fun!!!

Tiffeny said...

I am so glad you had fun!!! Now you can start saving up so you can go on a cruise with us next August. I can't wait to hear all bout it.

Lenae said...

Okay, this new layout, the pictures, the awesome song... It made me happy! Like, the feeling you have when you just watched a really good movie. Anyhoo, glad you guys had fun, and my favorite picture is of you guys doing your thumbs-up thing... It's so Winn ;)

Andersontaculer said...

oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. Your cruise pictures looked so great. It brought back all the fun memories. YOu are going to have to call me and tell me all about your trip whenever you get a second. Hooray! I'm so glad you had fun!!!

Jen said...

matt wants to go so bad! everything sounds like fun in a million ways! we should plan a cousins cruise with hubbies. that would be tons more fun than exploding beer! lol anyway. thanks for the virtual tour! we love ya!

Kae said...

I really think I will go on a cruise, you make it sound like so much fun.e

Angie said...

Aren't crusies the best? I'm glad that you guys had such a blast! Sounds like you guys did a ton of fun stuff. Way to make the most of it! You guys are so cute.

Amanda&Wade said...

FUN! How Insanely jealous am I?! The pictures are awesome, it looks like you did alot of amazing things. I love the drinks picture... so cool! I didn't know you were scuba certified either... awesome!!! it all comes down to... I totally envy you! LOVE YA!

Ames and Jer-da-me said...

Hey we made it on your blog!!! I think you may have a crush on us. You followed...nay..stalked us on the cruise ship, put us on your blog, then searched for us on the internet! But really I am glad that you found us. We enjoyed your company on the ship and we would like to keep in touch. I read Jess' blog posts about underpants and moving and was laughing hysterically. Your boys are adorable!

Stacey said...

yeah! I'm so glad you got to do this! Aren't grandparents wonderful. Heath's watched Jace while we went to Hawaii last year! The best vacation! No, we won't be going to Vegas :( I wish. The baby will only be 2 weeks old then. Wish we could see you and everyone though :) Your boys are so cute!!!