April 2014
Wanted to go for a little hike with these two awesome kids.
We decided to hike to the waterfall by our house.
Giant bag of snacks! Awesome waterfall + cute fun kid= so so much fun.
Now, my dad (62) hikes this every morning. He generally takes 20 or so minutes to do it, so I thought we'd take about an hour....Now it's important to know that I had nothing to do that day for hours. So I was letting them pick up every rock, throw stuff in "Tarzan's Bathtub" and climb every rock they wanted on the way up. Max wanted to walk instead of be carried so we went the speed of a very very small persons leg span. On the way up I felt like the best mom ever, exercising such patience and enjoying every moment that they gave me----
But I have to laugh now thinking about how that feeling left me on the way back; about the time I realized that we'd been out for 2 hours and that was just getting up the mountain. On the way down I definitely had a one rock and one stick limit. And I had a lot of races to entice Max to care about moving faster. And my insides were just in such a hurry. So so weird.
I don't know why I cared. That's just it. Why? I had nothing to do. They were good and happy.
So here's my goal by next year.
I hope to be a round trip patient parent.
Hooray for goals!
But as an ending note--I LOVED doing it, and the kids were so so much fun. And I love their faces off. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment