Fun little moments that make me happy:
They finished their cute puzzle and were so happy.
Luke made a Mothers Day cake for us all by himself. He was sick the day before so he had to stay home from church, and when we got home, the cake was made :)
Mom made Kade's costume for his 4th grade program. He was one of the mountain men. Amazing right?!! She was soooo nice to do it. I like her :).
I was picking up some tomatoes and strawberry plants at Cooks and wanted to walk through the flowers before we left. Rhett and Max LOVED it. I thought this was cute because Max wanted to touch some flowers, but asked anyone for help, he just couldn't reach.. and Rhett just bent over to pick him up. It was tender.
Luke LOVES his uncles. He just always wants to do stuff with them. Scott was adding a hitch to his jeep, Luke sat out there with him for over an hour.
Me and Meagan hiked to the G with the kids. (notice the backpack for Max? He didn't love it but stayed in it for a good portion. That hike is so so steep and I was afraid for him. The day was perfect and we had a little picnic at the perfect scenic spot about 80% of the way up.
Since the pioneers are part of Utah history, Kade's grade was able to do a pioneer trek day near the end of school! Plus I got to be one of the mothers of the groups! They had real handcarts and lugged them around town, stopping from time to time to get new 'hardships', then made their way to a park close by.
Apparently Kade was a gangster pioneer :)
Once there they had a day full of pioneer activities: made butter, sewed on buttons, quilted, (Kade caught a snake...not part of the activities) ate chili and cornbread, square dancing, made bean-bags and sling-shot them, laundry relay races.....Then took their families and their carts back to the school.
Tickles!
This one makes me laugh so so much. Rhett and I were reading a Berenstain Bear book and Too Tall was holding Bro. Bears head back while Brother Bear was trying to hit him. It was about Bullies or something. And Rhett said, "Hey, Grandpa does that to me!" With a big grin on his face. I laughed out loud and asked him to explain that. A few days later they did this and I ran to get my camera as fast as I could. Bwa ha ha. Awesome!
Luke and his friend Ian got the Academic for their class! Luke was so excited about it. And as each new kid came up for his class for this or that, he would give them a high five. Adorable.
Kade and 2 good friends from his class were on the high honor roll. He was the most surprised of the two because I didn't know until he'd left for school that he was getting an award as well. That was cute.
Jess bought the boys legos and set up a table and a fun movie to do them together.
(I'm doing the weirdest thing with my waist...strange. But I AM wearing a rubber band necklace Luke made me that night so that's nice] I love these ladies! We got together at Ann's house for a BBQ with kid and husbands. The kids LOVED playing together!!! Plus Ann's backyard is AMAZING with pathways and amazing huskies and a chicken coop and flowers and trees to climb. The evening was perfect.









No comments:
Post a Comment