Monday, August 6, 2012

moving time


So, we totally moved across the country!  My sister Christy gave me the GREATEST idea for staying organized for our move! It rocked! Since we have half our stuff in storage we cataloged everything so we'll know what box to look for what--and it's totally on a spread sheet so we can just do a search for it.  SERIOUSLY--great idea. So this was our garage before moving day!

I wish I would have got a picture of moving day (maybe we were busy or something though....) but my heart was so full of gratitude for our good friends who helped!  That's a long day of working--so so so selfless!  Thanks guys!


About an hour after we closed the moving truck up--the SKY OPENED UP!!!  For reals though, we had all our
 'we don't want to throw it away--but we don't want to move across the country with it either' 
stuff out at the corner and it was getting all sorts of flooded.  The man hole cover beneath the bins actually blew off.  There was a river going down the street!  It was awesome.

I LOVE the storms out here!
I feel like the thunder booming was a little goodbye present.
I loved that.


The Lindquist  made a candy board for the boys before we headed out. LOVED IT! (loved it then--AND as we ate it all the way on our route!)



We were blessed with some SERIOUSLY AWESOME friends and some SERIOUSLY AWESOME experiences while living in Georgia!  It's sad to say goodbye. We're so thankful for such a fun, happy, blessed time!  Game nights, girls nights, play dates, group dates.... Just a great time!



Aunt Jessica and Uncle Adam played a HUGE role in our Georgia life.  Love them!

We were lucky enough to see them a week after we moved...they couldn't stand to be away and flew across the country to see us again :)  It was a good thing too. Rhett was starting to miss his bestie Penny :)

Rhett and Penny swinging in mom and dads backyard



Okay--I digress--back to the moving experience.  We were soooooooo blessed because Jess' mom Julie flew out to help me with the drive.  (Jess drove the moving truck towing the car). Doesn't so look so nice and cozy :)  Sure there was a seat up front, but one of us was back there probably 60% of the drive.  
Andrea and Aubrey and Julie even made traveling binders for the kids! Full of scavenger hunts, fun facts about each state we drove through, books they had to go through to find answers to state questions, games, little toys...they're amazing!  

And really--the driving was a breeze. Sooooo grateful for Julie.


Tree climbing at a rest stop.

We stopped at the Gateway Arch along the way--so...it's pretty big right.

JUMP everybody, JUMP everybody, JUMP! er...okay--just the two of you--that's cool too.

Definitely the boys favorite part of visiting the Gateway Arch--ice cream.

The boys thought it was sooooo cool. Well....mostly--apparently we stayed a bit too long --cause then they were definitely done with being in the sun--and then they maybe didn't LOVE that we had a hard time finding the car on the way back...what do you do--ha ha!  I love Luke's face with all my heart!


But the overall feeling of the drive was so great. The boys loved staying in hotels, swimming in their pools, riding the luggage cart, watching movies in the car, listening to Junie B. Jones--(those books are a hoot I tell you!)

I digress again---I guess Jess didn't LOVE it...turns out his truck was super loud, bumpy--and giant.  Once along the trip he stopped to go to the bathroom and went into an area with the truck that didn't have an out--so he had to take the car off the carrier, take the carrier off the truck and move it, then turn the truck around, and reattach everything...that probably was not his favorite part :) BUT other then that I'm sure he had a blast.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

you guys are so awesome and so missed already. so many good memories! Jess, that last description of your truck ordeal sounds like something you'd love to do just for fun on a weekend or something. That or laser tag, right?

Jessica said...

That story about Jess is the saddest one I've ever heard. I can just imagine him grumbling the whole time...mostly because that's what I would do.

I love that you made the trip with your boys so fun. If I were doing it, I would probably be too tired and grumpy to do cool stuff like go swimming at the hotels and go see touristy stuff.

Also, come back. Immediately. I miss you ALL.