
So Jess and I have been thinking about getting the boys a backyard trampoline.....Just a month ago I was certain I would never have one. (on account of little boys don't need motivation to break their body parts). But I was talking to some friends who said that their kids hardly ever play on their swing sets, but play on their tramps everyday.
We have nothing in the backyard right now and the boys get bored out there....anyway--I was wondering what everyone thought--ya or nay? (and if yes, what kinds are good?)
4 comments:
I am terrified of trampolines. I know that make a lot of safety features now, but all I can think about is those springs and little fingers getting cut off in them. Also, when I was 10, my dad jumped off of a roof onto a trampoline and broke his back and had major bolt-inserting surgery. I have kind of been afraid of trampolines since (granted, I would not let my children or my husband jump from a roof onto a trampoline).
I say yes, as long as you get a serious guard around it so no one falls through the springs to crunch their business. We always wanted a trampoline when we were kids and spent a great deal of time at other people's houses who had them. It probably got annoying for the other people. Plus, as a grown up I've always wanted to boink on a trampoline, but I've never had the chance.
Cari--We got a trampoline last summer (a childhood dream of mine!), and it has been awesome! Eli and Carli play on that thing like crazy. During the summer with the sprinkler they would be out there for hours--we love ours!
Jess & Cari, Jason and I bought the kids a trampoline last year for Christmas (well, Santa gave it to them but still) All 3 of them LOVE it ! If they start to show that they are getting to much engery for in house play all 3 of them go outside and jump till they are tired :) We have the saftey net and the padding around the springs so it is safe. Eliza loves doing flips on it and she also tries to show Noah and Gabriel how to flip the "correct" way. As for what kind we have I'm not sure all I know is Santa got it at Toy's R Us and it's the 16inch one. Hope that helps :)
Post a Comment