Friday, May 8, 2015

Grandmas Bridge, Jedi Braids, and Game Nights

Grandma trying to do a bridge with Rhett :)

It was so cute and funny!  Rhett was so proud of himself that he could do something that Grandma, a grown-up, couldn't.  

Kade and Luke reading their books after Christmas! One of my favorite sites ever is to see them cuddled up with blankets in their beds or on the couches or anywhere--soooo focused on reading--begging for more time before bed and just loving reading.  (This year they were actually both reading the same book--Sky Raiders--5 Kingdoms series.)

Rhett after school...just watching how the water was dripping off the roof.  I love watching the curiosity and enjoyment in my kids faces.  Cause when is the last time I did that?  Sad we loose some of that in the rush of 'getting stuff done'  Also--and more so in my case--in the rush of 'not being freaken cold outside'.  I'm a woos that way.

Kade playing basketball with Rhett and making him laugh.

Monopoly Empire with Scott and Zoe --Zoe ALWAYS wins--:)

Traveling Spoons with the fam!  Zoe had just been attacked by Scott so she wouldn't get the last spoon :)

Playing indoor jump rope with grandma.


This butterfly exhibit is made up completely of butterflies.  It's amazing.  And the boys were surprised to find out that Zoe's dad made the exhibit!  So rad.

After the Bean Museum trip, seeing a Liger and the Butterfly exhibit and all the amazing animals, we got some ice cream (we were going to go the creamery--but turns out EVERYONE in the world thought the same thing, and the line was almost out the door--31 flavors it is!)

Brain Freeze!

Luke untied my boots--ARG!  HA! So I tackled him to the ground and sat on him.  Only Kade thought it was important to document my 'parental abuse'.  I like to view it more as a, "don't untie my boots" visual lesson :)

Jess ALWAYS seems to find "Tickles in his pockets" when he gets home from work. :)

Okay--this was a big deal for me.  Kade and Luke wanted to grow a Jedi Braid (I always knew them as rat tails..but apparently this is COMPLETELY different because it's on the side and is what all the cool Jedi Padawan's have them.)  There's an amazing family in our ward and one of the boys who is so fantastic has one.  ANYWAY, I said no--cause I think they look gross, but Jess convinced me that they may not have their hair for long...ha...and maybe they could do some fun stuff with it while they had it :).  So I consented and learned a lot.  The main lesson--it's okay to not be in control of everything that my children are doing, thinking, wanting, at all times?  I learned that even when I know others are staring at them and thinking--gross--I can't believe their mom lets them grow that.  HA-- that I don't care.  It was against the social norm and I'm glad they did it (and that they are DONE doing it as well :), but I felt like it was a mini course for loving them and caring about them and their wants ahead of how I care what others think of them and me. :)  HA---baby steps. (also I forget why Kade is making that face :/  And his "Jedi Braid" is farther on the right...)

All the boys love Magic the card game. Jess, Scott, and Nate play it all the time, therefore the big boys wanted to as well. So now they have their decks and play as well. I just thought this was cute cause Max just wanted to be big too so Jess played with him. Adorable.

No comments: