Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cup Stacking, Baseball Games and..you know, May stuff.




Kade made his first batch of cookies ALL BY HIMSELF! I only had to step in to make sure he didn't use the metal bowl to melt the butter in the microwave.  He separated yolks from whites in the shell even--he's rad.  And they turned out AWESOME. Butterscotch chocolate chip cookies.  (I didn't make him do the dishes this time--it's kind of a buzz kill :)

Kade signed up for a cup stacking tournament for Relay for Life.  Once we got there Luke wanted to do it too...soo...sure! It's for a good cause. It was a fun little event put on by his P.E. coaches.  Here's Coach Allen helping Luke remember the specifics of the Full Cycle.


The boys took it on themselves to help the schools booth and sell the candied..puff balls?  It was cute to see them so excited to be behind the counter taking money.


Max


Luke's part in the Kindergarten Program made me laugh so much.
 "Goldfish and hamsters and little white mice, and even the little seed in the styrofoam cup, they all die. So do we". 
What? 
Turns out it was in the poem, "All I need to know, I learned in Kindergarten" or something like that.  
Anyway--he's adorable and I LOVED his program.


The boys got free tickets to the Green Jacket's Baseball game for doing a reading challenge at school (plus Mrs. Armstrong sent home 2 more--woo woo). They also got free hats so that's cool.  It was a really nice night for a game and we saw friends there. It was a really fun night.  Short because they had the mud run the next morning, but fun.


Snacks make everything better.


The boys were invited to run on the field in-between games (double header)..but we had to wait in line with all the kids from the county who did this reading challenge for FOREVER and Luke got hungry. So Kade ran (1 second of fame :) and Luke and Jess got food.


And here's one last picture--it's super random I know, but it's such a great one!  
It's my Grandma and Grandpa Tadje.  

How chic and stylish and AMAZING do they look?

I love this pic. 
That's all.




2 comments:

Bridget said...

Cari, I always love your posts! You are such a great Mom and your family is adorable!
And you grandparents are fabulous!

Valori I. Perry said...

Your grandparents are looking awesome! I love it!