Sunday, March 25, 2012

Max

 Maxwell George Monson Winn
March 19, 2012
12:21 p.m.
8 lbs 12 oz
21 inches long


We love this little guy.  Well, at 8 lbs 12 oz he was almost a pound bigger then our biggest..so we love this tubby guy.  Here's his (long version :) story:

Carrying Max for the last month was a bit harder then it's been in the past. Because of the way he was sitting, I couldn't stay as active as I've been blessed to in the past.  I waddled a lot more--so that was fun :).  At week 37 we found out that he was transverse (sideways instead of head down).  Dr. Joseph said that we'd give it a week--so I could have a talk with the little one :) and then we'd try to turn him. If that didn't work then we'd schedule my c-section.  I was so nervous for that. I'm not one to like anything with blood or opening skin and having my guts out...that sort of thing...so it unnerved me.  That week I got a lot of advice and heard a lot of c-section stories. I felt a lot better--but definitely didn't want a c-section if I didn't have to.

ANYWAY, 2 days before my 38 week appointment I put Rhett down for his nap and decided to lay down with him.  I actually felt Max shift in my belly--but wasn't positive that's what I felt.  When we woke up, we decided to take the boys to the movies to see The Lorax (LOVED IT!  We love Dr. Seuss soooooo bad!  I always get a little bit misty eyed at the end of that story when I read, "Unless"...oh, he's just so great.)  It was great cause this was the first time I really felt Max in my ribs--ironic it's when we were going to sit for an extended period of time-ha ha! BUT it was great.  At the appointment both the doctor and the ultrasound tech were super surprised that HE'D TURNED--on account of there being no room in there for moving around willy-nilly.
BUT HOORAY!  No more c-section!  It was later that I found out that Jess' amazing mom had asked his family to fast for me--I KNOW this is why he turned.
What an amazing blessing it is to have a Father in Heaven who cares about our needs AND our wants
 I'm so so grateful for Jess' family and their strength and testimonies!  HOORAY FOR THE GOSPEL!

On Sunday, March 18th--my due date, I started having contractions at about 3:30 in the morning. Jess was at work so I called him around 5:00 just to let him know what has going on. He got home, and since the contractions were still 15 minutes apart we went to church.  That afternoon, they were 5 minutes apart so we went to the hospital.
I stayed 5-8 minutes apart for the two hours I was there but didn't move past a 3. My doctor was out of town till Monday doing a triathlon, so they called the doctor on call and he wanted my doctor to deliver me so....they sent us home.  Lame.  (but I'm sooo glad that my doctor delivered me--he's so great)
That night my contractions kept coming and it was awful!  I was having the chills and throwing up and...so it wasn't the best night of my life, Jess gave me a blessing at one point (did I mention I LOVE the gospel!  WE ARE SOOOO BLESSED) and I was able to calm down and rest for a little while.  We got the boys off to school and I called Dr. Joseph.  I told him I still hadn't moved past 5 minutes apart but that I had a pretty rough night. He said, "Cari, if you're in pain come to the hospital and let's have a baby today!"  I almost burst into tears, said
'Thank you SOOO much'
and off we went!
We dropped off Rhett at the Lindquists (they're great), and drove to the hospital.  Once there, they checked me and saw that I was a 5, then 30 minutes later at a 7.
Ha ha--so I'd played with the idea of trying to go natural this time, but when they asked me if I wanted an epidural (cause we'd have to hurry), I was SOOOO DONE with contractions it wasn't hard for me to say YES PLEASE!  So I got an epidural--which Jess is always fascinated by...and oooooh, how I love epidurals! They are such a wonderful modern-day blessing--
I love you epidurals!
And an hour later at 12:21 Max was born!

So now we have 4 boys.  
WOWZA! I love it.  They are so so great with Max.  Jess took off a week of work so he's been doing the hard work around here.  My awesome mom is coming tomorrow so real life won't hit until all that help is gone (and spring break starts :)....but as of now--being a mom of 4 is roses and butterflies.  ha ha. Okay--maybe during spring break we may have some thorny roses and some ugly butterflies for a bit...but it's gonna be awesome :)

Kade is definitely the most lovey of all the boys for Rhett. He ALWAYS wants to hold him (like--no joke--always), and cuddle and give kisses.  He's so in love with Max!

Luke thinks he's super cute and is happy about him joining our family....but he's also Luke and is always going going going.  When he first held him, he had him for probably 10 seconds when he was happily done holding him and ready to do something else.



Rhett says his name sooo cute, "Mmaxxxx"  The 'x' sound is tricky apparently.  He likes holding him but  is most excited when we let him get Max' binki for him (Rhett just said goodbye to his binki a couple of months ago and has found memories for them). He gives great hugs and kisses and is gentle with him.  He also has TONS of Dad's attention at this point and hasn't noticed any decrease of attention so we'll see how his adjustment is.


Life is great great great and everyone is healthy.  We've had SUCH amazing support from friends with meals and gifts and help with the kids that our hearts couldn't be more full.  (and seriously, how great is it to get meals?  People are so nice :)  
The Gospel is true, and life is amazing, 
and just yay--
we're grateful to have our little Max here with us.

11 comments:

Amanda&Wade said...

He is seriously so cute! You have the cutest family ever, and I seriously wished there was a "like" button for me to push just because I smiled through your entire post! YOu are so amazing and I'm with ya, the Gospel IS true! I love it and I'm grateful I always had such goods friends like you throughout my life! I love ya! Oh an I am seriously hoping you choose Utah :) :) :)

BWei said...

Your optimistic perspective on every experience keeps me in awe, Cari. I'm so happy that Max turned and that you got your epidural :-). Can't wait to see more pics and hope that your Spring Break is full of beautiful butterflies :-). Love you!

Jen said...

Congrats! He's adorable!

Jaren and Emily Glover said...

Congratulations! He's SO adorable! But that's no surprise because your entire family is about the cutest one I've EVER seen! Hopefully I'll get to come see little Max in April. I would love to help any way I can when I'm there too!

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Another "jolly good fellow"!
Yay for the Winns!!!

Jay and Sherrie said...

What an amazing blessing. The gospel IS amazing. You guys are amazing. Your little Max is so adorable. Congratulations! We love you guys!

Valori I. Perry said...

This is awesome!! Haha! I love your outlook on life! You've always been just awesome like that :) So, I was busting up at your "thorny roses and ugly butterflies" bit. Love you and love this new little Max! (Oh, good news, the same spelling means "meat" in Mongolian... makes sense why he was a bit larger, eh?). Yeah for Meat!

Carli W. said...

That pregnancy went fast! I didn't even know you were pregnant! What a beautiful baby and a perfect post about his birth. Your children are so adorable. Kade looks so much like Jess when he was little. I hope you adjust to four well. You take such good care of your children, it shows in their smiles. I hope your recovery goes well after such a big baby! He really is so adorable. I just had a little boy in October and it makes me miss the newborn stage so much looking at your little one! Congratulations!!!

(by the way, I'm Jess' cousin, just in case you don't recognize my name)

Spencer and Shalynn said...

He is a handsome little man. What a cute family! Congratulations....I hope those roses and butterflies stay a long time. :)

Melodie Anne said...

I cried a little bit :)

Love you all!

Lynn said...

you two make the cutest boys! Seriously, all of them are so handsome. Congrats!